RFF-CMCC EIEE/CMCC Position: Applied General Equilibrium Modeller – Job Opening 8399 (Venice, Italy)
Fondazione CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive researcher to cover one open position for applied general equilibrium modelling with strong research skills.
The location is CMCC premises in Venice (Italy) at CMCC@Ca’Foscari – VEGA, Edificio Porta dell’Innovazione, 2nd Floor – and the research activities will be performed linked with RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment (EIEE).
The primary purposes for this position are to:
- support to the development of water supply and demand module in the CMCC computable general equilibrium model
- more broadly, support to the ECIP CGE modelling team in conducting its core research activity related to the economic assessment of climate change impacts and policies
The desired qualifications are:
- PhD. in economics. Applications from PhD candidates who are close to its completion are accepted;
- Expertise with computable general equilibrium modelling and familiarity with the GEMPACK software. Although these requisites are highly recommended, candidates with proven experience in conducting applied economic research using modelling approaches can be examined;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting from July 2019 and can be renewed. Gross salary is competitive and will be based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and submit, through this application, a detailed curriculum vitae, a job market paper (an authored or co-authored paper which demonstrates the applicant’s skills relevant to the topic of the position), and at least one letter of recommendation.
Applicants should make sure that the job market paper and reference letters are uploaded as a unique file under “cover letter”. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should fill the online form following the link: https://www.cmcc.it/jobs/8399-public-invitation-to-express-interest-for-cmcc-position
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following URL: https://www.cmcc.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Guidelines_for_recruiting19072016_ENG.pdf