Junior Administrative Assistant Position ￼
The RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment (EIEE) is a research institute co-founded in 2018 by Resources for the Future (RFF) and the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC). The institute’s mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement. The Institute is committed to being a central focal point for research insights and policy solutions within Europe and connecting that work internationally. This is achieved by combining excellence in environmental and energy economics with climate science and policy competencies. EIEE has strong ties with a world-wide network of research institutions engaged in environmental research, climate change, and economics allowing for very interactive, collaborative, and interdisciplinary work.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the routine administrative work of the Institute, the organisation of the events and the management of research projects.
In particular, the candidate will be requested to:
- Provide general administrative support to the Institute’s management (e.g., purchase procedure, office equipment management, suppliers’ management, etc.);
- Provide administrative and management support to researchers and the staff (including the preparation of the administrative reports, mission management, informing researchers of administrative deadlines, etc.);
- Provide support to the organisation of national and international scientific events.
The desired qualifications are:
- A relevant academic degree or qualification;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Italian, additional languages representing an added value (if any, please specify);
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Windows; Ms Office: Word, Excel, Power point; Internet);
- Capacity to identify, analyse, synthesise issues/problems from different perspectives and opinions;
- Additional skills representing an added-value (if any, please specify).
- Accuracy in performing the tasks and efficiency in meeting deadlines and in achieving results;
- Ability to work both independently (with supervision) and in team;
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary/international environment/team;
- Strong commitment in implementing the tasks and continuously improve him/herself;
- Good communications skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to establish/maintain good relationships;
- Good understanding of sustainable development related issues is desirable.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 6 months starting from June 2022 at a total gross salary depending on qualification and experience.
(Deadline: May 06, 2022)