Junior Researcher in Climate impacts, asset stranding and production networks
(Deadline: June 30, 2021)
The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive junior researcher to support the research activities conducted as part of the CASCADES H2020 project. This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
Duties will be carried out in Milan or Venice (Italy).
The primary purposes for this position is: to contribute to ongoing research aimed at understanding the stranding impact of climate physical risks on sectoral physical capital stocks in Europe; to collect, manage and analyse data; to interact with modellers engaged in Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling; to contribute in preparing presentations and writing academic articles to be submitted to international peer-reviewed journals.
The desired qualifications are:
- A Master or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or equivalent subjects;
- Strong empirical and analytical skills.
- Familiarity and interest in: climate economics; climate and transition modelling; network analysis; and similar subjects.
- Previous experience in conducting research in these topics and a proven publication track record will be particularly valued.
- Familiarity with CGE modelling is very welcome.
- Excellent ability in writing and speaking in English.
- Experience with working as part of a project team.
- International work and study experience.
Assignments are expected to be in October 2021. The appointment period will be initially of one year and the gross salary will be based on qualification and working experience and competitive with major research centres in Europe.
How to Apply
Please apply on the CMCC website at the following link Junior Researcher in Climate impacts, asset stranding and production networks.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment“.
We will keep your information on file for up to 2 years.
Deadline: June 30, 2021