Are you a researcher in possession of a doctoral degree and with no more than eight years of full-time equivalent research experience?
Discover the opportunities of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships for researchers at CMCC@CaFoscari in Venice.
CMCC@Ca’Foscari is a research center on climate change, the result of a strategic partnership between Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and the CMCC Foundation – Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change. Thanks to the sharing of resources and skills of these two organizations, CMCC@Ca’Foscari is today the most important climate research center developed by an Italian university. It can count not only on a team of about 50 researchers and professors, but also on the technological and modeling CMCC infrastructure, including a supercomputer among the most powerful in Europe dedicated to the modeling and forecasting of future climate and to the assessment of the economic repercussions of climate change.
Under the framework of Horizon Europe Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, CMCC@Ca’Foscari is taking into consideration to support individual experienced researchers in order to develop research proposals with reference to the 2021 Call Marie Sklodowska-Curie – Individual Fellowships – Standard European Fellowships (MSCA-IF-EF-ST).
MSCA-IF Standard European Fellowships support experienced researchers for a full time period between 12 and 24 months. Fellowships are open to researchers meeting the following criteria:
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree and no more than eight years of full-time equivalent research experience (measured from the date when they obtained the degree formally entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, at the time of the deadline of the call);
- Eligible researchers can be of any nationality and must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Italy for more than 12 months over the last 3 years prior to the call deadline (since September 2018);
- All requirements and templates of the HE MSCA-IF programme will be published soon. The Guide for Applicants is not yet available.
Research topic: Candidates have the chance to propose a research topic consistent with the research topics of the two CMCC Research Divisions based in Venice:
- Climate socio-economic impacts and adaptation;
- Resilient cities;
- Macro-economics and finance.
- Economic analysis of climate-related risks;
- Environmental risk assessment and management;
- Governance of climate risks, adaptation and institutional relations.
The selected candidates will be supported by the supervisors of CMCC@Cafoscari in the development of the project proposals and formally the host institution will be Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
Ca’ Foscari University has been the first academic host institution in Italy for MSCA Individual Fellowships awarded since 2014 and is the only Italian institution in the European Top 10 since 2017, placing 4th in the European ranking in 2019 and 2020.
Ca’ Foscari University will provide researchers with many benefits: a constant and effective support and, in case the proposal is retained for funding, the opportunity to have an additional year of fellowship (Marie Curie +1) funded by the University.
Financial support: the European financial contribution for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship is a flat-rate for the entire period of the project. The average salary of a MSCA fellow at CMCC@Ca’Foscari is around 4,000 euros per month, and is tax free.
Eligible candidate are invited to apply anytime before 31st May, 2021:
- filling-in the form online: APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- and including:
- A detailed curriculum vitae, with the list of publications;
- A one-page document with the abstract of the MSCA research proposal.
The candidates will be selected by mid June 2020 and the MSCA-IF proposal must be submitted to the European Commission by September 15th, 2021 – h. 17.00 CET.
More information on the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships is available on:
Internal Deadline: 31/05/2021
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment“.
We will keep your information on file for up to 2 years.