- This event has passed.
NAVIGATE – Project meeting
NAVIGATE partners will meet after more than 3 years for an in-person meeting in Potsdam at PIK headquarter!
The project started with the kick-off meeting in September 2019 and after that, only online project meetings were organized.
The overall objective of the project NAVIGATE is to develop the next generation of integrated assessment models that can directly support the design and evaluation of EU and international climate policies and inform the alignment of climate action with sustainable development goals. To achieve this objective, NAVIGATE aims to advance IAM capabilities in key areas for climate policy support.
In particular, NAVIGATE will:
- substantially improve the representation of transformative processes in interlinked social, technological and economic systems;
- develop a new capability to represent transformative changes in consumer goods and services;
- substantially improve the modelling of individual sector transformations in energy, industry, transport, buildings, and agriculture;
- develop a new capability to capture spatial and social heterogeneity;
- deepen the integrated assessment of mitigation pathways in terms of a multi-dimensional assessment of costs, benefits due to avoided impacts, and co-benefits due to interaction with other sustainable development goals;
- improve transparency, legitimacy and usability of IAM results for users such as policy makers, businesses, civil society organizations, as well as experts from related disciplines interested in using IAM results for climate policy analysis.
To this end, NAVIGATE plans to make a significant investment in a targeted stakeholder dialogue.