The launch of the European Institute on Economics and the Environment Launch Event will take place on 11 June 2019.
The meeting will be opened by Richard Newell (RFF President), Antonio Navarra (CMCC President), Massimo Tavoni (Director RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment and Associate Professor at Politecnico di Milano).
The event will be honored by the lecture that will be given by Prof. William Nordhaus, 2018 Nobel Laureate in Economics for his contributions to the relationship between climate change and economic growth.
The keynote will be followed by a discussion with Valentina Bosetti (Bocconi University) and by a panel discussion with leading members from academia, institutions, and industry, including:
- Jos Delbeke, former Director-General at EC Directorate-General “Climate Action”,
- Ottmar Edenhofer, Professor at the Technical University of Berlin and Director and Chief Economist of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research,
- Karina Litvack, Non-Executive Director of Eni
- Stefano Venier, CEO of Hera Group,
- Gianmario Verona, Rector of Bocconi University,
- Carlo Carraro, President Emeritus Ca’ Foscari University Venice, Chair of Executive Council of the RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment