2022 Navigate -Cired Summer School
The aim of the 2022 NAVIGATE-CIRED Summer School is to foster scientific exchanges between participants and faculty members about the issue of how to achieve a just and equitable transition to net zero emissions, and the modelling methods relevant to address the different dimensions to this broad issue.
- What are the short and medium term distributional impacts of climate change mitigation policies?
- How will different economic sectors be affected by climate policies?
- How to achieve such a transition in line with sustainable development goals?
- How may the transition ensure decent lives and decent jobs?
Those are some of the questions that will be raised during the Summer School, which will gather students working primarily with integrated assessment models to address the different dimensions of this topic.
The Summer School is aimed at advanced graduates (PhD and master) and post-doctoral students in environmental and energy economics and modelling.
The lectures given by the School’s faculty members will provide the background scientific material. Participants will be asked to present a version of their research work and will receive valuable feedback from fellow students and from the School’s faculty members. Additional activities include group project exercises, reading sessions, conferences and social events. The faculty will be composed of researchers involved in the NAVIGATE project, and international leaders in environmental economics and integrated assessment modelling.
- Johannes Emmerling (RFF-CMCC)
- Julie Rozenberg (The World Bank)
- Lucas Chancel (Paris School of Economics, World Inequality Lab, Sciences Po)
- Céline Guivarch (CIRED, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech)
- Aurélie Méjean (CIRED, CNRS)
15 March 2022: Deadline for application. Application package must include paper abstract (maximum one page), CV and letter of motivation
1 March 2022: Notification of acceptance, registration opens
30 April 2022: Deadline for registration
4-8 July 2022: Summer School
Upon acceptance and registration, participants will be required to pay a participation fee of EUR 500, which covers accommodation (provided by the organisers), lunches and one social dinner.
The School organisers will make available a limited number of scholarships to applicants from lower income countries. The scholarships will cover travel costs and participation fees to the School. Please indicate in the application form if you would like to apply for a scholarship
The NAVIGATE-CIRED Summer School take place at CIRED headquarters.
All the information about the accommodation will be available soon.