Knowledge support for the European Climate and Health Observatory and report on climate, water and health
This service contract secures the ETC CA support in developing new knowledge for the European Climate and Health Observatory, especially for the forthcoming European Environment Agency report on the links between climate change, water quantity and quality, and human health.
This project will support the development of new knowledge for the European Climate and Health Observatory and the European Environmental Agency’s second European climate and health assessment report. Activities will align with The Observatory Workplan 2023-2024, where the main focus is on water, health and climate change. This includes developing new indicators and analysing policy interventions on water, health and climate; developing case studies to present implemented adaptation solutions; and assisting in the development of the EEA assessment report.
The project will develop knowledge for the European Climate and Health Observatory and the EEA’s second European climate and health assessment report (expected publication in April 2024) including:
- new and updated indicators on climate change and health in Europe;
- an overview of the relevant climate-health related aspects of international and European policies related to water quality and quantity;
- an overview of exposure, impacts, and adaptation responses in relation to the hazards of floods, droughts, sea level rise, poor water quality, water scarcity, and food insecurity at the country level;
- updates to the country profiles, and
- new case studies on implemented adaptation measures to address climate change impacts related to water and human health.
European Environmental Agency
03 May 2023
30 June 2024